This page contains useful links regarding current economic data relevant to the teachings of our institute.
- Does the Bank of Korea Need New Mandates? - November 20, 2015 (PDF, 361KB)
- China’s Economic Outlook - November 23, 2015 (PDF, 335KB)
- FOMC Meeting - December 16, 2015 (PDF, 191KB)
- Brazil's Economic Outlook - January 5, 2016 (PDF, 348KB)
- December 2015 Job Report - January 8, 2016 (PDF, 430KB)
- Unhappy New Year - January 18, 2016 (PDF, 198KB)
- California Payroll Data for December 2015 - January 22, 2016 (PDF, 132KB)
- Fourth Quarter GDP Report - January 29, 2016 (PDF, 179KB)
- Payroll Data for January - February 5, 2016 (PDF, 273KB)
- Payroll Data for February - March 4, 2016 (PDF, 121KB)
- California Payroll Data for January 2016 - March 4, 2016 (PDF, 284KB)
- Payroll Data for March - April 2, 2016 (PDF, 158KB)
- Brazil's Economic Outlook - April 28, 2016 (PDF, 337KB)
- Payroll Data for April 2016 - May 6, 2016 (PDF, 406KB)
- Retail Sales for May 2016 - June 15, 2016 (PDF, 241KB)
- Canada's Economic Outlook - June 15, 2016 (PDF, 413KB)
- FOMC Meeting - June 15, 2016 (PDF, 284KB)
- California Payroll Data for May 2016 - June 19, 2016 (PDF, 376KB)
- Brexit Implications - June 22, 2016 (PDF, 235KB)
- Brexit is Here - June 24, 2016 (PDF, 212KB)
- Payroll Data for June - July 8, 2016 (PDF, 289KB)
- Mexico’s Economic Outlook - July 16, 2016 (PDF, 391KB)
- Payroll Data for July - August 5, 2016 (PDF, 275KB)
- China's Economic Outlook - August 9, 2016 (PDF, 409KB)
- California Payroll Data for July 2016 - August 20, 2016 (PDF, 275KB)
- Economic Outlook for Ventura County - April 15, 2016 (PDF, 847KB)
- Economic Outlook for Santa Barbara County - June 15, 2016 (PDF, 770KB)
Foreign Exchange & Interest Rates
U.S. Economy Links
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) (www.bls.gov): The official source for employment and inflation statistics.
- Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) (www.bea.gov): The official source for GDP and Personal Income/Outlays, Gross State Product, and state/local Personal Income.
- Census Bureau (www.census.gov): In addition to detailed demographic data, the Census provides data on housing, business payroll and receipts, and much more.
- St. Louis Fed: FRED II (research.stlouisfed.org/fred2): A great one-stop site for up-to-date data on most U.S. macroeconomic indicators.
- Freelunch.com (www.freelunch.com): Another one-stop site for many popular U.S. indicators. Allows users to graph and transform data.
California Economy Links
- Employment Development Department (www.edd.ca.gov): Official source for CA/County employment statistics.
- California Dept. of Finance (www.dof.ca.gov): This site collects statistics from several state agencies, offering data on demographics, state finances, and more.
- DataQuick (www.dqnews.com): This is the free news site for a San Diego firm that provides monthly data on residential real estate markets in California. Available data includes number of homes sold and median prices by county.
To view Adobe Acrobat PDF documents, please download and install the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.